Modern machines to deliver anesthesia along with monitoring equipment and new anesthetic medication allows us to perform:
- Operations on patients of all age´s serious illnesses.
- Operations of various surgical specialties
Painless labor although very commonly practices all over the world, is still a new concept in the private hospital in India. Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre provides this skilled service round the clock.
The anesthesia department also provides pain relieving service for chronic pain sufferers. This includes various nerve blocks and other medication.
One of the most sophisticated and well equipped departments and its kind in the Jabalpur city. The department of cardiology in Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre includes:
Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU)
- Eight beds capacity, air conditioned dust pollution free, cardiac care chamber.
- With latest model of central monitor unit and centralized oxygen arrangement.
- Ventilators for respiratory insufficiency.
- Pacemaker for asystole and heart blocks.
- Nebulizer for bronchial asthma.
- Computerised ECG.
- Computerised treadmill test.
Round the clock
- Availability of cardiologist.
- Nursing staff and technicians specially trained to handle cardiac emergency problems.
- 24 hours ambulance service .
In rehabilitation program the functional cardiovascular and/or respiratory status of the cardiac patients is assessed and advice a schedule of exercise and informed about physical activity they can do safely during work and relaxation.
- The cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation clinic and TMT lab at Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre Jabalpur provides computerized cardiac stress analysis which is done on fully computerized imported Quinton 4000 stress test machine.
- The test is done under the supervision of highly qualified and experienced cardiologist of the city.
- The lab is equipped with all the equipments required to tackle any emergency that occurs during the test.
Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre provides full facilities to deal with all type of Ear, Nose & Throat problems including routine and emergency care. All major & minor ENT operations are carried out and post operative care is provided by qualified ENT surgeon.
Medical Gastroenterology– Dr. Col. Rakesh Anand, MD
- Oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD)
- Colonoscopy – Diagnostic and therapeutic
Biopsy, F. B. removal, sclerotherapy, variceal band ligation, oesophageal dilatation and stent placement, polypectomy, PEG/PEJ placement etc. Treatment of cirrhosis, pancreatitis and digestive disorders.
Surgical Gastroenterology– Dr. Gautam Lahiri, MS
Laparoscopic / Conventional G. I. Surgery, Laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy, hernia repair, diagnostic lap and biopsy, fundoplication, oesophageal seromyotomy, partial/total gastrectomy, intestinal resection anastomosis, hemicolectomy, splenectomy, etc.
Hepatobiliary surgery, USG/CT guided biopsy of liver, pancreas, spleen, drainage of cyst / abscess, segmental liver resection, biliary diversion and biliary reconstruction, surgery for biliary stricture and stones.
Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre offers comprehensive treatment for a wide variety of general surgical problems.
- Well equipped operation theatre suite for general surgical cases.
- A well equipped Surgical Intensive Care Unit (ICU) available for seriously injured cases.
- Round the clock availability of anesthesiologist.
- Package available for common operation – Cholecystectomy, Gastrectomy, thyroidectomy, hemicolectomy, abdomino-perineal resection for cancer rectum, mastectomy, splenectomy, besides routine operations like hernia repair, appendix removal etc.
- Endoscopy for gastric disease and colonoscopy for diseases of colon.
- Vagotomy for treatment of duodenal ulcer Nephrectomy.
- Facilities for urogenital surgery.
- Routine cancer surgery is also done in Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre.
1 Dr.Vimal Golcha
M.S., M.Ch. (CMC,Vellore)
2 Dr.Vishal Mishra
M.S., M.Ch, (Bombay Hospital, Mumbai)
- for BPH (TURP)
- for Stricture Urethra (VIU,Urethroplasty)
- for Stone Disease (URS,PCNL,PCCL,Cystolithotrity)
- Renal Cancer(Radical Nephrectomy, Partial Nephrectomy)
- Bladder Cancer (TURBT,Radical Cystectomy,Partial Cystectomy)
- Prostate Cancer (Radical Prostatectomy)
- Testis and Penis Cancer (Radical Orchidectomy,Penectomy)
3 Pediatric Urology
- PUV fulguration of Posterior Urethral Valves
- Pyeloplasty For PUJ obstruction
- Ureteric Reimplantation for VUR
- Hypospadias Repair
- Surgery for Ectopic Ureter and ureterocele
- Orchidopexy for undescended testis
4 Female Urology
- TVT and TOT repair for Stress Incontinence
- Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction and Male Infertility
The department of Internal Medicine consists of four Consultants, who have trained and worked at leading medical Institutes in India. The department provides broad range of services for diagnosis and treatment of multiple adult medical problems. It includes the following .
- Critical Care.
- Management of chronic diseases involving multi-system is done by senior consultant of department of medicine, where co-ordinations between different specialists done.
- Prevention is better than cure – so our Medicine Department deals with various types of preventive health checkup programme.
- Infectious diseases are major problem in our part of world. It includes Malaria, Typhoid fever, Tuberculosis, HIV, Dengue fever etc. Most of these diseases present with fever and general symptoms which are investigated in depth and treated. Sometimes these diseases present as septicaemia and shock.
- Management of drug overdoses and poisoning. We have modern Intensive Care Unit with Step Down Intensive Care Wards. Intensive Care Units have all modern facilities with very efficient nursing care. It is run by Postgraduate Senior Medical Registrars and Intensivists.
- Environmental diseases which include diseases due to Industrial chemical exposure, drowning, electrical injuries, snake bite, lizard bite, dog bite, insect or scorpion bite are treated in department of Internal Medicine.
Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre provides a total dental care system and maxillofacial surgery, which include preventive, restorative and esthetic dentistry. Facial reconstruction in trauma and facial malformations. Treatment in prosthodontics, orthodontics, periodontics, periodontal oral and maxillofacial surgery is done suing very sophisticated equipments.
Extraction to teeth, impacted teeth surgery
- Oral surgery for dental prosthesis – alveoloplasty, vestibuloplasty, partial and full implant dentures.
- Apicoectomy, intentional and emergency replantation of teeth, transplantation of teeth.
- Treatment of infection of oral cavity, face and neck viz. Alveolar abscess, submandibular lateral pharyngeal abscess etc. Treatment of osteomyelitis of maxilla, mandible surgical treatment of cysts of oral cavity.
Surgical treatment of oral nonmalignant and malignant tumors, like ameloblastoma, fibroma, osteoma squamous cell carcinoma involving jaw bones. Infection of salivary glands, parotid tumours, submandibular duct calculus, stenson´s duct calculus etc.
- Fractures of facial bones like fractures of maxilla mandible, zygoma, zygomatic arch, frontal bone, nasal bone etc.
- Segmental surgery in treatment of dental and facial disharmony.
Orthognathic surgery of mandible and maxilla, like bimaxillary osteotomy, maxillary and mandibular-prognathism-open bite deformity, micrognathia, genioplasty, chin augmentation etc.
Surgical treatment of flat, derm abrasion, for small pox and other scars surgical repair of cleft lip and cleft palate scar revision and plastic repair.
- Restoration of decayed teeth will filling materials. Metallic crowns and bridge work.
- Porcelain and other tooth coloured material, crowns inlays, onlays.
- Composite filling with tooth coloured materials. Esthetic repair of broken anterior teeth.
- Treatment of hypoplastic teeth, tetracycline stained teeth etc.
- Treatment of gum disease and pyrrohoes, surgical treatment, scaling with ultrasonic scaler, other oral prophylaxis.
- Treatment of irregular, proclinated, malformed, misplaced teeth with fixed appliances.
- Habit breaking devices for thumb, finger sucking, lip biting, nail biting.
- Treatment of maxillary protrusion, pseudomandibular protrusion.
- Fixed and removable partial dentures (acrylic and cast, metallic) and full dentures. Fixed acrylic, fiber glass, porcelain bridges and crowns.
- Maxillofacial prosthesis for rehabilitation of cancer patients after maxillectomy, ear and nose prosthesis etc.
- Facilities for making all types of dental and facial prosthesis by trained dental technicians.
- Fixed implant denture prosthesis removable full denture, prosthesis jacket dowel, post-core crowns.
- Portable dental x-ray (10 ma) unit for periapical x-rays.
- Orthopentamogram with cephalostat for taking x-rays of both the jaws, teeth and middle third face on the single film.
- For diagnosis and analysis of facial deformity.
Equipments in department of dentistry
- Programmed computerized dental chairs and unit – 3 sets.
- Ultrasonic scalers – 2 sets
- Endosonic equipments for root canal treatment
- Airoters, air-motors, micro-motors
- Dry air sterilizer
- Light curing units – 2 sets
- Periapical dental x-ray nit
- Demetron – computerized apex locator for root canal treatment
- Spot welders for orthodontic treatment
- Lab. Equipments
- Laser units
- V. D. O. units for dental surgery
Excellent surgical facilities are available for all the variety of cranial, spinal and periphered nerves. Well equipped Intensive Care Unit for post operative and unconscious patients is available. Round the clock available services for acute neurosurgical emergencies like head injuries.
Successful neurosurgery is being done with very good result for the following:
- 3rd ventricular tumour
- Sellar and supra sellar tumour
- Posterior fossa tumors
- Sciatica or prolapsed disc
- Compressive myelopathy
- Cranio vertebral junction anomalies
- Spinal dysraptism
- Tumours - spinal tumours
- Trigeminal neuralgia
The hospital boasts of superspeciality neurology care.
Neurology department has a dedicated stroke unit with round the clock admission facilities and standard of care treatment for Brain Infarcts and Intracerebral Bleeds (Brain Hemorrhage) under the expert guidance of Neurologist.
Neurology Intensive Care Unit
The department specializes in intensive neurological care. We have expertise in managing meningitis, encephalitis (brain infections and brain fever) and status epilepticus (unrelenting seizures).
There is a large OPD attendance of patients of headache, epilepsy and stroke. The department drains a large number of patients from the state and beyond with illnesses like dementia, Parkinson’s disease, neuropathies, myopathies, myasthenia gravis, Guillan Barre syndrome and spinal cord diseases. Services are delivered with care and compassion.
We have a comprehensive electrophysiology laboratory and in-house state of art CT scan machine.
The neurology department works in tandem with medicine and pediatrics department to provide expert opinion on neurological issues in patient care.
We are Pioneers
The department takes pride in being the first in India to do plasma exchange for a case of Hashimoto’s encephalopathy (an uncommon disease causing brain dysfunction).
We are first in Madhya Pradesh to perform intravenous thrombolysis for stroke patient in this department and we have a regular stroke thrombolysis program.
- Dr. Mukesh S. Johri
Mobile No. 98270-66242
- Dr. Nitin Sharma
Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre has all advance facilities required for the treatment of renal disease, available ROUND THE CLOCK UNDER ONE ROOF.
- Our Haemodialysis unit with de-ionized water supply has the following unique features.
- Round the clock facility for emergency dialysis .
- Simple needle system for subclavian catheter dialysis.
- Separate dialysis unit for those needing peritoneal dialysis .
- To avoid spread of infections, Australia antigen and AIDS positive patients are not taken for dialysis.
- Facility of kidney, diabetes and hypertension clinic with all investigations. .
- Facility of continuous arteriovenous hamodifiltration.
- Facility of continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) (Unique in Central India).
Note Worthy Features – of Nephrology / Haemodialysis department of our hospital are that:
- Over 700 dialysis have been done within first ten months.
- Survival rate for acute renal failure is comparable to any other advanced center.
- Hospital provide facility of chronic Haemodialysis at a cost which is minimum in central India.
The department of obstetrics and gynaecology is staffed and equipped to handle varied variety of obstetrics and gynaecological problems.
- Infertility clinic
- Complete examination of female and male partner
- Pathology – female – BSL, VDRL, ESR, Urine culture, Male-VDRL, ESR
- Premenstrual D & C with diagnostic laparoscopy
- Ovulation study by
- Cervical muscus
- AIH, AID
Obstetrics department is well planned for all types of deliveries :-
- Normal delivery
- Pain less delivery
- Instrumental delivery
- Forceps delivery
- Vacuum extraction
Our obstetrics department has a complete infrastructure to handle high risk pregnancies and the back up of a comprehensive neonatal care unit, which provides INCUBATOR facility for a total support to new born.
- Facilities for all Gynaecological operations
- Facilities and equipment for CANCER SCREENING program
- Routine ultrasound screening
- Genetic counseling
Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre provides the well equipped eye department.
MICP – Microincision Coaxial Phaco
- This is a revolutionary surgery for cataract through 1.8mm incision through which microlens implantation or rollable lens implantation is possible (through white star compact AMO America).
- Phaconit – Bimanual phaco through 0.9mm to 1.2 mm incision
- Coaxial phaco – Cataract Surgery through 2.6mm incision
- An advanced centre for Aspheric Foldable Rollable Multifocal and Diabelic Lens, Paediatric eye care surgeries, Photochromatic lens. ICL (implantable contact lens).
- Computerized eye testing
- Contact lens clinic
- Glaucoma clinic, Applanation tonometry, Automated Perimetry, YAG Laser
- A Scan / B Scan Sonogaphy
- Diabetes / Hypertension eye care centre
- Visual rehabilitation centre
- Headache clinic
- YAG laser capsulotomy / Iridotomy
- Endonasal DCR / Squint clinic
- An advanced operation theatre with Lamellare air flow (infection less)
- 24 hour emergency services available.
Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre provides the most advance care for musculoskeletal injuries, orthopedic problem ROUND THE CLOCK.
Helps and rehabilitates patients of disabling orthopedic disorders and handicaps.
- A. O. equipment for treatment of fractures.
- Joint replacement surgery especially hip replacement and knee replacement.
- Complete range of general orthopaedic equipment needed for soft tissue surgery like correction of deformities and stabilization procedures for poliomyelitis.
- Spine surgery for trauma, disc lesions, spondylolisthesis, scoliosis.
- Hand surgery for injuries, re-implanting amputated digits.
- Reconstructive surgery after excision of bone malignancy.
- The ilizarov technique for external fixation of complicated fractures and limb lengthening.
- Management of congenial and developmental disorders (pediatric orthopedics).
- Management of sport injuries.
- Reconstructive surgery for anterior cruciate ligament of knee.
- Associated services of physiotherapist for rehabilitation.
- Specialized management of backache.
- Non union surgery.
- Arthroscopic management of knee.
- Diagnostic arthroscopy of shoulder elbow, hip & ankle.
- Meniscus repair / meniscectomy (partial and total).
- Osteochondral fractures.
- Osteochondritis dissecans.
- Chondromalacia patellae .
- Synovial chondromatosis
- O.A. / R.A. / Septic arthritis etc.
Plastic / reconstructive surgery is available in Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre, improves patient’s appearances for their psychological well being and enhances quality of life.
- General plastic surgery : Surgical treatment available for burns, wounds, scars and keloids, nevus, vitiligo.
- Cosmetic surgery : Obesity, facial wrinkles, nose chin, pox and pimple marks, breast.
- Orbital & periorbital surgery : Eye socket, eye lids ptosis of eyelids.
- Congenital defects and deformities : Cleft lip and palate ear and nose defects, syndactyly and polydactyly, hypospadias and epispadias.
- Hand Surgery: Fractures of hand bones, tendon injuries post burn and post traumatic defects
- Trunk and lower extremities
- External genitourinary surgery
- Microsurgery : Repair of nerves and vessels, reimplantation of finger upper and lower extremities.
Provides the most advance medical care for Pediatrics & Neonatal problems.
- Radiant warmer
- Phototherapy unit
- Pediatric ICU (PICU)
- Neonatal ICU (NICU)
- Immunization facilities and well baby clinic
- Prompt & efficient care to sick children
Services round the clock
- Post graduate pediatrician available in PICU & NICU.
- Centralized oxygen arrangement in PICU & NICU.
- Separate arrangement for septic & aseptic babies
- Trained nursing staff to handle neonatal problems
Treatment available for
- Hemorrhagic disease of newborn
- Neonatal jaundice, septicemia
- Meningitis, encephalopathy, diarrhea & dehydration
- Coma-hepatic, renal, blood dyscrasias
Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre offers the most advance care for surgical problems of neonates (1 to 28 days) and children below 14 years of age.
- Pediatric surgical, neonatal intensive care unit with incubators and radiant warmers
- Round the clock specialist care for post-operative cases
- Emergency care for all types of surgical problems of neonates and children
- Management of congenital anomalies at the most appropriate time.
- Correction of congenital anomalies as and when indicated so as to provide the best results.
- All types of endoscopies in Pediatric patients.
Physiotherapy department of Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre is equipped with latest electro medical equipments.
- Short wave diathermy
- Muscle stimulator
- Ultrasound therapy
- Intermittent automatic traction
- Paraffin wax bath
Treatment available for :-
- Bronchial asthma
- Bronchiectasis emphysema
- Surgical case of throacotomy, thorocoplasty
- Inflammatory and post traumatic condition of joint, muscles tendon ligament and nerves
- Loss of sphincter control
- Peripheral nerve injury
Acupunture treatment for
- Paralytic conditions
- Cerebral palsy
- Mental retardation
- Asthma, migraine
- Skin condition like psoriasis
The pathology laboratory services at Jabalpur Hospital & Research Centre provide a complete range of tests. All routine and specific investigations are done on most sophisticated, advance Fully Automated computerized instruments.
Facilities & Equipments
- HAEMATOLOGY : Computerized Fully Automated Five Part Defferencial cell counter(Cel-Dyn 3200 Abbot USA and bc 5300 Mindre)
- BIO CHEMISTRY : Fully Auto Analyzers (Randox Daytona Germany, Bio Systems,Selectra II Merk)
- IMMUNOASSAY : (ABBOT AXIM) For the investigation of all hormonal assays,(Thyroid Function , Fertility hormones TORCH etc.)
- CHEMILEUMINISCENCE : ( cobasa e 411 Fully AutoAnalyzer by HITACHI ROCHE) for IMMUNOLOGY,Tumour Markers, Cardiac Markers etc.)
- BLOOD - BANK : Round the clock facilities with Fully Automated Gel Technology by Dia Med
- MICROBIOLOGY : Facilities for all kind of Bacterial and Fungal Culture and sensitivity
- CLINICAL PATHOLOGY
- Round the clock services
- Instant reporting
- Diabetic cards
- Health Check up plans
- Credit card acceptance
- Counseling with patients
- JHRC profile
- General health check up
- Executive Health Check up
- Senior Consultant of Department of Internal Medicine are involved in preoperative checks in addition to anaesthetists assessment to manage and pick up existing medical problem prior to surgical procedures as well as to take appropriate measures prior to surgeries. Often consultants are required to manage medical problems co-existing with surgical conditions. Pre-operatively, post-operatively and during intra-operation period.
- The department of Internal Medicine deals with Acute MI, Diabetic Coma, Hepatic Coma, Renal insufficiency, Asthmatic Attack, COPD and other life threatening conditions.
The department is well equipped with the latest sophisticated equipments :-
Facilities & Equipment
- Ultra mark 4 with latest access sector probe and linear phased array for better resolution.
- Facilities for obstetrics and gynaecological work.
- Abdominal ultra sonography
- Soft tissue ultra sonography includes – Breast, Thyroid, Testis
- Study of heart structure and congenital anomaly alongwith cardiac function assessment.
X-Ray Facilities & Equipments
- Siemens 500 MA, motorized table with screening facilities.
- Portable 20 MA X-ray machine of siemens make for X-Ray during operations, and for very sick patients.
Special X-Ray facilities
- Barium study
- Hystero salpingography
- Sialography etc.
An attitude of imaging an approach to excellence
With quicksilver changes the frontiers of diagnostic equipments and procedures, ability of medical practitioner is magnified manifold to detect and cure. This install and constantly upgrade, the setup of diagnostic units.
At JH&RC, we have always agreed to this need and to that effect, we are introducing ultra fast accurate, scanning system.
Spiral CT/e Plus (GE-USA)
Spiral CT gives accurate and better diagnostic information about distribution of tissue type inside the human body this is a new concept in CT technology.
Spiral CT reduces :-
- Examination time
- Contrast load
With capability of producing thinner slice and high resolution Spiral CT covers
- Large area
- Single breath hold study
- Facilities of reconstruction of data and 3D image construction
- Elimination of artifacts
Spiral CT is used for
- Head scanning / Neuro imaging
- Routine brain and head injury.
- Tumor scanning, brain infections.
- Neck Scanning
- Injury, infection or tumors in the neck region occlusion of the vessels of the neck.
- Chest Scanning
- Disease of the lung and mediastinum, HRCT of the lung. American college of Radiology & Imaging recommended spiral CT the best scanner to detect lung cancer.
- Abdominal Scanning
- Multiphasic liver study, injury and tumours of liver, kidney and pancreas.
- Musculoskeletal Scanning
- Bone injuries of pelvis, hip, shoulder and spin.
- CT Angiography
- This is a unique feature of spiral CT. It is non invasive, have short examination time, useful for screening of vascular disease i.e. pulmonary vessels and neck, brain, hand, leg vessels.
- Virtual Endoscopy
- Endoscopy like images are generated by spiral CT images without insertion of endoscope.
- 3-D Imaging
- This is useful for joints, extremities and spine examination, helps surgeons for presurgical planning.
- CT Guided Biopsy
- Spiral CT enables accurate localization of lesion and guide biopsy instrument without insertion of any endoscope.
Advantages of spiral CT over conventional CT
- Ultra fast speed – one slice per second.
- Single breathhold body scan, respiratory misregistration and motion artifacts are eliminated. Continue spiral up to 60 seconds.
- Improved detection of small lesion due to better resolution and capability to acquire 1 mm fine sections.
- Low dose of radiation and low dose of contrast, due to auto mA and fast scanning.
- Spiral CT/e plus – dynamic CT scanner
- Computed radiography digital x-ray
- 500 mA & 160 mA X-ray units
- State Art Ultrasonography unit
- Echocardiography and colour Doppler